Greetings from Moscow! First of all, thank you so much for your prayers! If you read my last post, you saw our prayer request for good health during our flight to Moscow. We had a very bumpy landing when we arrived in Atlanta, and I was concerned I was getting a case of vertigo-related nausea. Thankfully, the queasy feeling we both felt went away very quickly, and we had a very smooth flight to Moscow.
I used the 9+ hours on the flight to read some of God’s word, going through the book of Nehemiah, and continuing my reading of John, as well as more of the book Trusting God by Jerry Bridges. The Scriptures I read really encouraged and strengthened me as I left behind various worries and concerns in Houston, so it is my prayer that God would continue to give us daily insight and peace through His word as we start each ministry day.
Yesterday we had the privilege of meeting our other team members in Atlanta, and it has been so exciting to catch up with old friends and make new friends with the other team members! Twelve of us will be taking the overnight train tomorrow night to Voronezh, and the other eight will fly tomorrow to their ministry city of Volgograd. Please join us in praying for the safety and health of this team as they fly to Volgograd and for our team as well.
Erik and I didn’t get any sleep on the plane so we are running on fumes right now. Right now it’s 10:00 am Friday morning in Houston (7:00 pm in Moscow), and we’ve been up since 5:00 am Thursday morning. We are going to bed very shortly, so we are praying for deep, replenishing sleep tonight.
Again, thank you all for your prayers and encouragement, and we hope to have more updates soon!
Love,
Nickie
Friday, September 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am glad to hear that you have arrived safely. Did you get all manner of Ike realated issuses wrapped up before you left? I know that you had power back before you left, but I hope that you were able to finish up any last minute details at work too. Please keep us updated.
Hey...it's your sister. I'm wondering how ya'll are doing. It's been a couple of days. Call or email so we know you're still okay.
Have a great time. I love you.
Post a Comment