Just a quick note before we get ready to leave for the train station back to Moscow. I want to thank everyone for their commitment to pray for our trip and group, especially in light of what's going on back home. It seems like things have not improved much in Houston, and that the nightly news only gets worse. If there's anything I've learned from my time here in Russia, it's that God is so much bigger than the issues we face, and that the verse from John 16 is true. In this world we will have trouble, but He has overcome the world.
It has been nice to be able to leave normal life behind for a week and focus solely on working with ministry events here in the city. But, the true challenge becomes taking what He's shown me here, and what He's taught me here, applying it to the "normal life." One of the things I will take back home is a deeper appreciation for the beauty of simple worship. Hearing familiar Christian worship songs being sung in Russian by people completely on fire for God gives me a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes like nothing else.
More on this later, because we have to start packing for the train to Moscow. Thank you again, and I look forward to sharing more stories later.
Love,
Nickie
Friday, September 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment