Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Interesting Scripture and Other Things

Last night during my Bible study, I came across this Scripture that I think relates in a way to my whole issue lately with daydreams and mental fantasies.

From Isaiah 65:2 (NIV)
All day long I have held out my hands
to an obstinate people,
who walk in ways not good,
pursuing their own imaginations

I shudder to think how often I ignore His outstretched hand while I am busy in my own fantasy life and reverie. It's not like I am always daydreaming about how I would change my entire life, or how I am totally dissatisfied with everything, but often, in my mind, I will play out different scenarios in my mind.

But, with every moment I'm caught up in my own dreams and random thoughts, that's more time away from my very sovereign Lord.

Also, I am exited about being able to memorize more Scripture. I've been repeating it out loud and writing it to down to help cement it into my mind. Now that I'm going strong, I don't want to stop or get distracted. Now that I know that Scripture flashcards work well, I am going to try to make a bunch of small ones to take to work with me. I like the idea of having His word so close to me, especially at the place where I spend most of my day and most of my week.

Yay God!!

No comments: