We are spending our last night in Russia, and it is with a heavy heart that I type those words. I feel that God has forever changed my attitude regarding other people, cultures, religions, and other differences we have in the world. But, more importantly, He has shown me how incredibly important it is to rely on Him for everything, no matter how big or small.
I got to see Him work mightily in little areas, like providing us with beautiful weather during our time here. He also worked incredibly fast in the big areas, like making sure that our Thursday night ministry concert was not interrupted or compromised because of a lack of electricity in the building. When we began the concert outside, the music and small crowd drew an even larger crowd, so that when the power did come on a couple of minutes later, we had a bigger group there to hear the messages of hope and truth from the local pastor Sergey.
All in all, this has been a life-changing trip for me, and I am blessed to have been able to share this experience with my husband and to work with such an amazing team. We have been encouraged and uplifted by the stories of His working through our time here, and I look forward to returning to this country and seeing what He will do next.
Our team leaves for home tomorrow morning, but from the time we wake to the time we arrive home in Houston, we will have been awake for over 24 hours, so we would ask that you please pray that we would get rest during the flights and that we would not have any complications with travel, customs, luggage, etc. Also, I am starting to the beginnings of a cold, so I would appreciate prayer for this as well.
Thank you for all your encouraging words, prayers, and support both before and during our time here. We look forward to seeing family and friends very soon, and sharing all that God has done through us these past 10 days. God bless!
Saturday, October 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment