Sunday, October 14, 2007

Good To Be Home

If you've read my earlier posts, you might remember my description of visiting Alexei's church on that first Sunday in Voronezh, and how it touched me immensely to attend a church service half a world away from home. I was moved by the emotion, joy and love they showed both during the service and afterwards when they came to greet their American brothers and sisters in Christ who had come to worship alongside them. It was a sweet time of fellowship, and an exciting opportunity to see how God was blessing their ministry in Voronezh.

This morning was my first service back at BridgePoint Bible Church, and I was moved again by the sweet time of fellowship, and saw with a new perspective how God is using this body of believers to impact the area for His glory and to grow His kingdom. When we first came back, I felt like I had been gone a month, and so to be back at church today was refreshing, encouraging, and exciting in so many ways.

It was humbling to hear story after story of people praying for us at different times during our trip, and knowing that their specific prayers were answered during our time there. We have been blessed to know so many people at BridgePoint, and with all those friendships come lots of questions about our trip, and many opportunities to share what all He did during our time there.

Someone asked today if I have been talking non-stop about the trip, and to be honest, the answer is both "Yes" and "No." I have talked about the trip a lot since we've been back, to family, friends, and everyone in between. But, the reason I don't think I am talking about it non-stop is because I still feel like I am processing what all happened and what all God allowed me to see, and that my words and stories need to reflect what all God did, and not focus on what I did. I know that He has changed my perspective on my relationship with Him and also on the world around me, but I know that my words and actions now have an even bigger impact on those around me, and that the life I lead should reflect His love and grace.

So at this point, I am eager to share my stories, pictures and lessons learned in Russia, but I am doing so with the knowledge that this needs to be done with as much prayer and discernment as during the trip itself. It is my sincere prayer that everything about this trip from beginning to end brings Him the ultimate glory in every way.

In summation, I am glad to be home, happy to be back at church with our church family, and still pumped up that I got to sing "Lion of Judah" in church today. Yay for awesome praise music!

No comments: