Friday, September 28, 2007

My First Day in Moscow

So I’ve been in Moscow for almost a full day now (yay), and it has been quite an experience, mostly because of the vastness of the city and the cultural differences all around. It was very surreal being in Red Square seeing the historical buildings I’ve admired for so long. That part was pretty much what I thought it would be. What I didn’t expect was the behavior and sophistication of a lot of the people here, particularly the young people. They are just like kids I would see in America or Western Europe, except they are ALL dressed to the nines. It will be interesting to see the differences between Moscow youth versus Voronezh youth and how it will impact our ministry there.

Overall, I am excited to be here in Moscow, but more eager to get to Voronezh and begin what I know will be an awesome and challenging week. Plus, I am excited to see how we will work together and grow together as a group while we serve our loving and merciful God.

One of the Scriptures I read on the flight that really spoke to me about this whole trip is in Isaiah 25:1. “O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago.”

Here is a picture of us in Red Square in front of St. Basil’s cathedral.

1 comment:

kyle carlson said...

Excited for the chance to read updates from you guys. We're praying for you!

Grace.